Mittwoch, August 30, 2006

Back home

Hi guys, I'm right back home from my trip to the mountains. I went to Grindelwald, a lovely spot in the Berner Oberland. Even thougth it's very famous and all the tourists going up there, I didn't know the area very well. One reason more to have a look at this fantastic alpine scenery.


Unfortunatly, the weather was not as good as expected so I couldn't see all the places that I wanted to. Clouds were trapped up in the peaks and made sort of a doomy scene sometimes. Anyway, it was sooo impressive to see the huge mountains going up just right behind the village. All around!

As a typical swiss guy I didn't take the aerial gondola (cableway) and climbed up there by foot ;) After a short two-hours-walk I reached these unbelivable steep wooden stairs in the wall. They lead up to the "Obere Gletscher". The lowest accessible glacier in Europe. It was pretty exhausting to climb up there. The stairs were wet and some tourists blocked the way, scared and didn't dare to go up nor down anymore. Poofs!!
But to see the glacier up there was more than worth the effort. Great!



















Later in the afternoon, back down in the village, there was a little swiss mountain festival. Mainly for the tourists of course, but I pretty enjoyed it as well. They showed how to make cheese, city kids could pet young calfs and goats, heeps of food, beers and traditional music.

Here we see some typical swiss mountain guys as we all know them: strong, hard working, bloody stubborn, talk not much, but if they say something you don't unterstand one single word of it, and in the end very very smart... you see, just like die murane!!

Thats it for now. Sorry for the layout, you know, Blogger sucks! Maybe I'll post some more pictures later. Must go to the Hamam now and wash away my sins.




9 Comments:

At 4:21 AM, August 31, 2006, Blogger Keshi said...

WB Murane!

I was wondering where u were and u've been hiding in the mountains. Im not surprised..look how beautiful the place is!

**As a typical swiss guy I didn't take the aerial gondola (cableway) and climbed up there by foot ;)

lol aww..I love the gondola rides.

Ur stubborn? I dun think so. :) Anyways glad to have ya bakk!


Keshi.

 
At 4:21 AM, August 31, 2006, Blogger Keshi said...

btw u missed my erotic food post :):)

Keshi.

 
At 5:48 AM, September 01, 2006, Blogger Steph said...

Awesome pics. That place looks amazing.
Lucky you.

 
At 9:59 AM, September 01, 2006, Blogger Die Muräne said...

Sandra: Oh yeah, please come back! I love you!

Keshi: Of course I'm stubborn. I just hide it well ;)

Steph: Yes, it's fantastic! Luckily we have many places like that in our little country. The land of plenty.

unbreakable: I had to pay an extra charge in the Hamam because they had to change the water when I left.
The headache is gone (endelig!) Will go for a new one tonite ;)

 
At 4:14 PM, September 02, 2006, Blogger wallycrawler said...

Hey , waz up ?

Your vacation looked awesome !

My great grandmother was from a dairy farm outside of Bern . She told me all about it when I was a child . She and her Swiss husband founded a small town in Muskoka Ontario Canada and lived to be 99 years old . She actually died a week before her 100th birthday .

I always wanted to see Switzerland . My cousin visited the old farm about 10 years ago and it's still is there . She took some shots and it was truly amazing . Hopefully da wife and I will visit when we take our European vacation ?

Great shots !

 
At 9:04 PM, September 02, 2006, Blogger Die Muräne said...

wow cool, da wallycrawler has some swiss blood in his veins! you never mention that.
Don't miss Switzerland when you're over here in Europe. Very small, but some great spots to see. I promise!

 
At 7:43 AM, September 03, 2006, Blogger The Phosgene Kid said...

Looks cool! Did you see Heidie or the Von Trapp family??

 
At 11:35 AM, September 03, 2006, Blogger Die Muräne said...

phos: I called Heidi on her cell phone. But she was buzy with her goats. Whatever that means ;)

 
At 5:20 AM, September 05, 2006, Blogger Keshi said...

:)

Keshi.

 

Kommentar veröffentlichen

<< Home